Chobe Day Trip
from Victoria Falls
Chobe National Park is well known for its large herds of elephant that frequent the Chobe River on a daily basis. In the dry season an estimate of up to 85,000 elephants can be dispersed within the Chobe National Park, where the majority of them can be found along the river. Apart from the herds of elephants, Chobe also has lots more to offer. The Park has lion, leopard, buffalo and a whole host of antelope like sable, puku, kudu, eland, roan and many others which you can get to see. The river is filled with big pods of hippos and some of the biggest crocodiles in Africa.
This tour departs daily to the Chobe National Park in Botswana.
Clients will be transferred to the Kazungula border where their Botswana guide will meet them. They will proceed straight to the morning cruise where they will spend the morning game viewing along the Chobe River. The cruise will end at around 12h30 and clients will go to a hotel on the riverbank for lunch. After lunch, guests will board safari vehicles for an afternoon game drive in the Chobe National Park. Following this they will be taken back to the Kazungula Border where they will be met by their Zimbabwean guide for their return transfer to Victoria Falls.
Inclusions and Exclusions
Inclusions Transfer, game drive, boat cruise and lunch
Exclusions Visas may be required for this tour (for guests own account). Chobe National Park entrance fee not included.
Chobe Day Trip Tour Leader US$50.00
Watch a Video
Duration 7 hours
When All year round
Where Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Weather Weather permitting
What to Wear Clients are advised to wear the following: · Comfortable attire that provides sun protection · Hiking/running shoes ·Warm clothing in winter (April to August)
Things to Bring Clients are advised to bring the following with: · Comfortable attire that provides sun protection · Sunscreen · Mosquito repellent
Guests or Spectators No spectators allowed
Minimum Age 2 years
Fitness Level No Fitness Requirement
Qualifications Not Applicable
Maximum Weight None
Maximum 9 per vehicle
Certification None Required
Experience Level No Experience Requirement
PLEASE NOTE: Botswana requires an unabridged birth certificate for all minors travelling to Botswana (this has been in effect since October 2016). The following documents are required when travelling to Botswana with minors (18 years and below):
1. Valid Passport
2. Valid VISA, if required
3. Unabridged Birth Certificate (Birth Certificate containing the particulars of a minor and those of the parents)
4. A letter of consent from the other parent should the minor be travelling with one parent
*Please note that a normal birth certificate will not be accepted.
Age Restrictions: Children 2-11 years are half price, over 12 pay full price.
Minimum age: We accept children under 2 years but on a private trip basis.
Maximum age: N.A
Language: English (French, German, Italian & Spanish available on private tours, at supplement cost – subject to availability)
Please note: the order of the activities are subject to change without prior notice.
Please note: Excludes Chobe National Park Fees which is currently US$15.00/person & any Visa Fees.
• 07:00 to 07:30 – Guests will be picked up from their hotel, in a closed bus, and proceed on a 70km journey through the countryside to the Kazungula border.
• 08:30 – Arrival at the Kazungula Border, where guests will exit Zimbabwe/Zambia and enter Botswana. At the border guests will change vehicles and are met by their Botswana guide.
• 08:45 – Once guests have gone through Botswana immigration, they will take a short drive to Chobe Marina Lodge.
• 09:00 to 09:15 – Arrival at the hotel, where guests will have a short bathroom break, and will also be required to fill out the Park Entry form.
• 09:30 – Depart on guests’ first activity; either game drive or boat cruise. If guests would like to go on a specific activity first, then they should please specify.
• 12:30 – Return to the hotel for lunch. This will be served either a la carte or buffet style, with a selection of traditional and modern day meals to choose from.
• 13:30 – Depart for guests’ second activity. This will be the activity of which guests will have not done yet. If guests did boat cruise in the morning, then they will do a game drive in the afternoon and vice versa.
• 16:00 – Return from the Park and head back to the Kazungula Border.
• 16:30 – Guests will meet their Wild Horizons bus and are transported back to their hotel.
• 17:30 – Arrive at guests’ hotel.
Maximum age: N.A
We encourage our guests to connect to Wild Horizons via WhatsApp for easy communication in Vic Falls.