Experience the magic of an upper Zambezi Canoe Safari.
Let the tip of your paddle skim the surface of the water, and watch as shards of light bounce off the waves like excited children. Canoe safaris bring you one step closer the singing waters of the Zambezi, as you rely on the ache in your own arms to drive your exploration of the converging channels. Birds and animals spill from the National Park onto the banks of the Zambezi, and for the duration of the canoeing safari, you share a lifeline with them. The smooth and solid bottom of the canoe sits between you and the tiger fish, bream, crocodile, and hippo, as you are swept by the stream through a natural paradise. Zambezi canoeing is a fun filled activity for the whole family!
- On these trips guests paddle their own canoes, following their qualified Canoe Guide as he leads the way.
- Clients are collected at approximately 7.00 am.
- Clients take short game drive in an open vehicle into the Zambezi National Park perhaps seeing some game on the way.
- A continental breakfast is served and the guide will give a thorough safety briefing, which will cover: safety conditions of the river, rapids, canoeing instruction, and general information. You will be asked to sign an indemnity form.
- The time is spent canoeing (18kms) downstream, running small grade one and two rapids, exploring channels and bird and game viewing.
- A picnic lunch is served on the mainland or an island.
- Cold soft-drinks, mineral water and beers are served at the take out point at the end of the trip and clients are back in Victoria Falls by about 2.00 pm.
- Routes taken on this trip can vary due to logistical, road and weather conditions.
The majority of people who join a Zambezi Canoe Safari are first time canoeists. No previous experience is required as Wild Horizons staff are trained to prepare and guide you through the day. Children from 7 upwards can canoe if accompanied by a parent and fit into a lifejacket. Management retain the right to refuse a child who they feel is unsuitable for the activity for any reason.
What To Bring:
- River shoes or sturdy walking shoes
- Mosquito Repellent
- Sun Hats
- Polarised sunglasses
- Towel (Optional)
- Cameras (spare film/SD cards/disks!)
- Warm clothing in winter (April to August)
Minimum / Maximum participants
Departure Times: Pick up 07h00 from accommodation in Victoria Falls Town
Duration: 7 hours including transfers etc, 2 ½ hours spent on the water.
Minimum age: Children aged 7 and older can participate in canoe safaris if accompanied by a parent and fit into a lifejacket. Management retains the right to refuse a child who they feel is unsuitable for the activity for any reason.
Maximum age: There is no maximum age limit; however Wild Horizons retain the right to refuse to take a client who is clearly going to be unable to cope with canoeing.
Price per person: US$150.00 * Please note: Zambezi Canoe Safari Activity Rate does not include Park Entrance Fee and River Usage Fee which is currently US$10.00/person.