Experience Chobe National Park on our Chobe Half Day Trip. The park is famed for its high number of elephants.
A Chobe Day Trip is the ideal opportunity to experience the amazing fauna and flora that Africa has to offer, with the world-renowned Chobe National Park only a mere 80km away. Guests will get a chance to experience the Chobe National Park on a game drive or a boat cruise. Chobe National Park is well-known for its large herds of elephant that frequent the Chobe River on a daily basis. In the dry season an estimate of up to 85,000 elephants can be dispersed within the Chobe National Park, where the majority of them can be found along the river. Apart from the herds of elephants, Chobe also has lots more to offer. The Park has lion, leopard, buffalo and a whole host of antelope like sable, puku, kudu, eland, roan and many others which you can get to see. The river is filled with big pods of hippos and some of the biggest crocodiles in Africa.
This tour departs daily to the Chobe National Park in Botswana. Clients will be transferred to the Kazungula border where their Botswana Guide will meet them. The half day consists of either a game drive or a boat cruise (including or excluding lunch) in the Chobe National Park and return transfers to Victoria Falls.
• 07:30 – Guests will be picked up from their hotel, in a closed bus, and proceed on a 70km journey through the countryside to the Kazungula border.
• 08:30 – Arrival at the Kazungula Border, where guests will exit Zimbabwe/Zambia and enter Botswana. At the border guests will change vehicles and are met by their Botswana guide.
• 08:45 – Once guests have gone through Botswana immigration, they will take a short drive to Chobe Marina lodge
• 09:00-09:15 – Arrival at the hotel where guests will have a short bathroom break, and will also be required to fill out the Park Entry form.
• 09:30 – Guests will depart on their activity: either game drive or boat cruise. Guests should please specify which activity they would like to do.
• 12:30 – Return to the hotel for lunch. This will be served a la carte or buffet style, with a selection of traditional and modern meals to choose from.
• 13:30 – Guests will depart to the Kazungula Border where their Wild Horizons bus will be waiting for them.
• 14:30 – Arrive in Victoria Falls
Departures: Daily, year round
Minimum / Maximum participants:
– Minimum: 2
– Maximum: 9 per vehicle
Times: 07:00 to 14:30 (with lunch) 07:00 to 13:30 (without lunch)
Duration: 7 hours
– Minimum age – There is no age limit on these activities, however, at managements discretion children may be required to travel in a double harness with an adult. Parents or guardians of any child under 16 must be present and available to sign an indemnity on the child’s behalf. Management retain the right to turn a child away at their own discretion should they feel the child is not able to cope with the experience in any way. There is no maximum age limit.
- The order of the activities are subject to change without prior notice.
- Passports will be required for this tour
- Visas may be required for this tour (for guests own account)
- Children 2-11 years are half price, over 12 pay full price. We accept children less than 2 years but on a private trip basis.
Price per person:
- Half Day Chobe Day Trip Including Lunch US$150.00
- Half Day Chobe Day Trip Excluding Lunch US$140.00
- Chobe Day Trip Tour Leader US$50.00