Chobe Day Trip from Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe: enjoy an abundance of wildlife.
Chobe National Park is well known for its large herds of elephant that frequent the Chobe River on a daily basis. In the dry season an estimate of up to 85,000 elephants can be dispersed within the Chobe National Park, where the majority of them can be found along the river. Apart from the herds of elephants, Chobe also has lots more to offer. The Park has lion, leopard, buffalo and a whole host of antelope like sable, puku, kudu, eland, roan and many others which you can get to see. The river is filled with big pods of hippos and some of the biggest crocodiles in Africa.
This tour departs daily to the Chobe National Park in Botswana. Clients will be transferred to the Kazungula border where their Botswana guide will meet them. They will proceed straight to the morning cruise where they will spend the morning game viewing along the Chobe River. The cruise will end at around 12h30 and clients will go to a hotel on the riverbank for lunch. After lunch, guests will board safari vehicles for an afternoon game drive in the Chobe National Park. Following this they will be taken back to the Kazungula Border where they will be met by their Zimbabwean guide for their return transfer to Victoria Falls.
• 07:00 to 07:30 – Guests will be picked up from their hotel, in a closed bus, and proceed on a 70km journey through the countryside to the Kazungula border.
• 08:30 – Arrival at the Kazungula Border, where guests will exit Zimbabwe/Zambia and enter Botswana. At the border guests will change vehicles and are met by their Botswana guide.
• 08:45 – Once guests have gone through Botswana immigration, they will take a short drive to Chobe Marina Lodge.
• 09:00 to 09:15 – Arrival at the hotel, where guests will have a short bathroom break, and will also be required to fill out the Park Entry form.
• 09:30 – Depart on guests’ first activity; either game drive or boat cruise. If guests would like to go on a specific activity first, then they should please specify.
• 12:30 – Return to the hotel for lunch. This will be served either a la carte or buffet style, with a selection of traditional and modern day meals to choose from.
• 13:30 – Depart for guests’ second activity. If guests did a boat cruise in the morning, then they will do a game drive in the afternoon and vice versa.
• 16:00 – Return from the Park and head back to the Kazungula Border.
• 16:30 – Guests will meet their Wild Horizons bus and are transported back to their hotel.
• 17:30 – Arrive at guests’ hotel.
Duration: 11 hours
Departures: between 07h10 and 07h30
Maximum: 9 per vehicle
Age Restrictions: Children 2-11 years are half price, over 12 pay full price.
Minimum age: We accept children under 2 years but on a private trip basis.
Maximum age: N.A
Language: English (French, German, Italian & Spanish available on private tours, at supplement cost – subject to availability)
Please note: the order of the activities are subject to change without prior notice.
Price per person:
Chobe Day Trip from Zimbabwe US$160.00
Chobe Day Trip Tour Leader US$50.00