Wild Horizons Mobility Assisted Friendly Activities
Wherever possible we aim to accommodate guests with limited mobility and those who are wheelchair bound and we strive to continuously improve access and improve facilities. However limits remain…
- We have a limited number of wheelchairs available for guests on Tours of the Falls and our other Victoria Falls based tours for those who are able to walk or move limited distances only.
- We unfortunately are unable to offer any vehicles which are accessible by wheelchair. However we are able to accommodate wheelchair bound or mobility assisted guests in private transfers in our smaller vehicles but guests will need assistance entering and exiting these vehicles. Our drivers are happy to assist where possible.
- Wheelchair bound guests can be accommodated on our Sunset Cruises however they will need to be carried down a portion of stairs on the boat jetty.
- Our Canoe Safaris can be done with those who have upper body mobility- they will need assistance entering and exiting the canoe but this is easy to do and we have done many successful safaris this way.
- Wheelchair bound guests cannot be accommodated on our Game Drives or Chobe Day Trips where we use safari vehicles.
- The Lookout Café is wheelchair accessible. However the bathroom facilities are not.
- The Stanley and Livingstone is wheelchair accessible although the bathroom facilities are not specifically built for the disabled and as such some assistance may be needed.
- Imbabala Zambezi Safari Lodge is not wheelchair accessible but can work for those with limited mobility. We are able to assist guest with boarding vehicles and boats for activities- there are small numbers of steps throughout the property and rooms and uneven ground. The bathrooms are ot specifically built for the disabled but a wheelchair can fit in the shower and toilet.
- The Elephant Camp has wheelchair access to the public bathrooms and to the public dining /lounge/bar areas but not to the public pools. We have one suite with a wheelchair ramp and wheelchair access. The only issue limiting personal access would be all door frames are above ground level and disabled guests may need assistance with rolling a wheelchair over these. The access pathways are rough gravel and not suitable for single use of a wheelchair – assistance would need to be given. Game drive Vehicles are not wheelchair friendly however minibuses are available for transfers which are more suited to disabled guests.