Livingstone Island Visit
Victoria Falls, Zambia
Livingstone Island Visit Victoria Falls
US$ 105.00 pp*
Livingstone Island was opened in 1992 to provide exclusive and unique picnics on the edge of the Victoria Falls.
If you’re looking to flirt with the wild side, swimming in one of world’s most fascinating natural pools of water, Devil’s Pool, can be experienced during your guided tour of Livingstone Island.
This isn’t your ordinary swim in an infinity pool, but a daring dip on the very edge of the Victoria Falls. Brave swimmers will get to experience the ultimate thrill of peering over the brim of the largest curtain of falling water.
Livingstone Island is a 5-8 minutes boat ride from the Royal Livingstone Hotel and is located in the middle of the Zambezi River, touching the lip of the Victoria Falls, where the water thunders down the 103m drop. Access to this unique Island is seasonal and depends entirely on the water level in the Zambezi River.
Due to the unique nature of the Island only 16 guests may visit at any one time and enjoy a choice of five daily visits, restricting this exclusive island to only 80 visitors per day.
WE HAVE TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE THE NATURAL HABITAT OF THE AREA.
• All bookings should be confirmed by 12:00 hrs the day before the activity. This will leave us with some time to resell the space in case of a cancellation.
• Any special dietary requirements should be communicated to your agent in advance.
• All Special Requests should be also communicated to your agent to pass on to Livingstone Island before the activity day.
• Late Pickups
• Any Late Cancellations (less than 48 hours before departure) attract a 100% penalty of the actual activity charge. Please see our Terms and Conditions for all other cancellations.
• Please note that the latest we can wait for clients is 15 minutes. We will not wait any longer as this then affects the whole day’s operation (logistics). PLEASE BE ON TIME.
• It is our policy to collect vouchers from each and every client who goes to the island at the pick up point. Please make sure you issue all your guests with a voucher.
Duration 2 hours 30 minutes
When Devil’s Pool is open during the drier months of the year, usually between mid August and mid January, when the Zambezi water levels are low enough for swimmers to take the plunge.
Where Victoria Falls, Livingstone.
Weather The tour is very seasonal and are effected by rain fall.
What to Wear Swimwear, comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
Things to Bring Sunscreen, swimming towel, hat, sunglasses and your camera.
Guests or Spectators No spectators allowed
Departure Times 07.30 – US$ 105.00
Departure Times 09.00 – US$ 105.00
Departure Times 10.30 – US$ 105.00
Departure Times 12.30 – US$ 170.00
Departure Times 15.30 – US$ 145.00
Maximum 24 pax per visit to the island. Island can be booked privately and guests will pay for 18 pax.
Children under 5 years pay 50%.
Please note that the latest we can wait for clients is 15 minutes. We will not wait any longer as this then affects the whole day’s operation (logistics).
PLEASE BE ON TIME.
Ages All ages allowed
Fitness Level No Fitness Requirement
Experience Level No Experience Requirement
Inclusions Guide and boat trip.
*Exclusions Park fees and items of a personal nature.
Whilst on the island you are given a tour of the falls where you will see the Zambian side and the main falls which are partly on the Zimbabwean side.
LIVINGSTONE ISLAND OPERATES EVEN WHEN IT’S RAINING. WE MAY CANCEL BOOKINGS AT SHORT NOTICE DUE TO VERY BAD WEATHER e.g. HEAVY STORMS.
Did you know… guided tours to Livingstone Island have a 100% safety record. It is illegal to visit the Island with a private guide or on your own.
- 25% deposit to confirm group bookings and direct bookings
- Livingstone Island rates include park fees which are non-commissionable
- Livingstone Island rates are subject to change depending on Government fees and levies
- All bank charges including intermediary bank charges are the responsibility of the client.
All bookings should be confirmed by 12:00 hrs the day before the activity.
Cancellation between 30 and 60 days before arrival will attract 50% of RACK fees
Any Cancellations 48 hours or less before your booking will attract a 100% penalty of the actual activity charge.
We encourage our guests to connect to Wild Horizons via WhatsApp for easy communication in Vic Falls.