Enjoy this Adrenaline Activity Package – White Water Rafting & a Gorge Swing at a discount.
Arguably the wildest white water in the world, rafting on the Zambezi River is an adrenaline rush not to be missed. The rapids on the Zambezi River are officially defined as “Grade 5” by the British Canoe Union (Grade 6 not being commercially run). Clients should be reasonably fit for this activity, as there is a steep walk into & out of the Batoka Gorge as well as the white water rafting activity itself. The gorge is over 100 meters deep at the Falls and increases to over 200 meters by the end of a full day raft trip. Despite this rugged terrain, the gorges below the Falls are thick with vegetation and incredibly spectacular.
Defy gravity and soar with the birds! Wild Horizons offers you the opportunity to sail through the air and gaze down upon the Zambezi River and its ancient gorges. The ultimate adrenaline buzz of the free-falling gorge swing allows you to view the river from a different angle as you fly through the air on the end of a rope. A must-do package for all adrenaline junkies!
What to Wear
- Swimsuit and shorts/cycling shorts but nothing that water will suck away
- A way to secure glasses to yourself or they will be lost
- T-shirt or long-sleeved shirt for sun protection
- Sunscreen and lip balm (guides will have dry bag for this)
- Sturdy shoes/trainers or rafting shoes. Your shoes must be securely fitted to your feet (i.e. no flip-flops) or they will be lost!
- A peak cap that will fit comfortably under your helmet.
- Wet Suits will be provided in the winter months.
- Bring as little as possible!
Minimum / Maximum participants: Minimum: 2 Maximum: N.A.
Minimum age: 15 years (This can be flexible, at management’s discretion i.e. if the child is of the right maturity, strength and will fit into a life jacket properly then younger children are sometimes accepted.
Maximum age: There is no maximum age limit, however Wild Horizons retain the right to refuse to take a client who is clearly going to be unable to cope with the rigours of rafting.
Transfers: Transfers are included in the rate.
Please note: Excludes National Parks and Visa fees.
Price per Person: US$200.00
Low Water Rafting
Approximate Dates: 10th August – 25th December
Rapids: #1 to #19
Lunch: Lunch at Top of Gorge at Rapid # 19
Time: 07:30 to 14:30
Duration: 7 hrs
High Water- Rafting
Approximate Dates: 25th Dec – 10th August
Rapids: #11 to #23
Lunch: Lunch is served at the top of the gorge at Rapid #23
Time: 07:30 to 14:00
Duration: 6.5 hrs